Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, September 15, 2011

metal stamping

 First washer without the black ink in the names 

Tools needed
 washers without ink, be careful of letter placement(the E is backwards)

 ink stamped (some letters could have been stamped a little harder)
 Simple pendant of my baby girl
My first try at metal stamping was a success. I bought a metal stamping kit online. While waiting for it to arrive I gathered some washers for practice in my dads work bench.

So to metal stamp washers you need a hard surface, hammer, stamping kit and permant black marker.



I picked out which letters I wanted and simple hammered them onto the washers. Then I traced over the letter and wiped off the excess quickly with a baby wipe.

I think they look pretty good for first try samples!
I was looking around the house for other things to stamp since it was so easy and fun. I think the next project will be spoons....

No comments:

Post a Comment